Saturday, 7 February 2009

Claustrophobia


I've been blessed with friends in the film biz who can procure free tickets to films so that even in my dire financial straits, I can still enjoy a couple hours of escape. A few nights ago I was at the premiere of Ivy Ho's directorial debut, Claustrophobia. There's a better poster than this one but I can't find a single downloadable image of that one *sigh* So this will have to suffice.

The film was okay. It wasn't spectacular... It travelled backwards in time, so by the end it ended I wanted to rewatch the beginning...

I bumped into a lot of friends acquaintances at the premiere. People I hadn't seen in a long time. The premiere took up all six houses of AMC at Pacific Place so I wasn't too surprised to see the familiar faces.

The best thing about the film was that the supporting role was based on this girl who was watching the film with us. I've never seen two characters more alike. The four of us - said girl included - were pissing ourselves laughing. The rest of the house was pretty quiet. I think they were pretty annoyed with us but it was just all too funny.

I'm so blessed to have friends who provide me with entertainment :) Even if the film wasn't all that great. And yes, I should get back to work now *sigh*

God bless the film biz...! And my friends!!

No comments: