SM and I were at Starbucks for dessert because Sift was not full, but requested we leave our name and number. There was a table right by the window but we had to leave our name and number. And well, we couldn't be bothered. So we went to Starbucks. Here is a snippet of our conversation.
-- He gave me a present.
-- Awww. How sweet.
-- He's not supposed to give me a present.
-- He likes you. He's not asking you to like him back.
-- OMG That's exactly what he said.
I shrug.
-- But he can't do this! I mean, what am I supposed to do??
-- I don't know. Bask in his love?
-- I have a boyfriend! I told him that!
-- Sweetie, love isn't a switch. You can't just expect someone to switch off their love for you with the simple words from you.
-- What? But I...
-- Life is not that simple! Especially not love!
-- And you know what he did? He asked our co-workers for advice! Now EVERYONE knows.
-- Um. You guys work 12 hours a day. If he's not going to ask co-workers, who the hell can he ask??
-- But he can't ask CO-WORKERS! It's so embarrassing!
I frown. I actually wanted to shake her... She's such a princess. Sigh.
-- Sweetie. Not everyone is like you, not everyone has a life outside the office. AND even if they did have a life outside the office, no one knows you so the advice of friends who don't know you is unverified. It's not valid.
-- But we have to work with these people! I mean who the hell does something like this?
-- I'm sorry babe, but I have to say, it's very common and yah it's a little weird but really, it's not that big a deal lah...
I don't know. Is she right? Is it weird to ask co-workers for advice? But I mean, they are 'co-workers' but they are also his friends... so is that wrong? Geez. I don't know. Hmm. Life is not black and white. And there are never any definite answers. Sigh.
Happy Valentine's Day :) God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment