Over the past ten years, I've made two very good friends, both guys, who are atheists. It's weird, I love them both, very much, and I do wish they weren't atheists. But they are stubborn. Hahaha. And disillusioned.
Very recently, I met another guy who is an atheist. He really reminds me of my two atheist friends. What is it about atheists, I wonder. They're all the same, or well, similar... Really effing smart guys, and quite disillusioned with the world. Not to mention stubborn. Stubborn arses, all of them.
Anyway. I'm only just getting to know the new friend, but already the disregard for society and the "system" just makes me want to know him more. What is it about being different that makes one so interesting. I wonder. All three of them, so interesting. I love conversations with them, even though with the two very good friends, conversations usually take place over email. I guess that's a good thing though - it means I get to mull over the conversations and not having to worry about forgetting what we've talked about.
But yeah. Atheists. The thing is, that while I understand that everyone is entitled to his or her own view on the world and the deities, I can't help but wonder how atheists can live in this horrible world... I mean what point is there to anything if there isn't a God or a higher being to live for? There is nothing worth living for in this world. Except maybe family... but the bizarre thing is, that none of my three atheist friends have particularly good relationships with their families. Hmm.
INTERLUDE: Mr D (as I shall call my new friend) has many movies in his library, and he lent me The Karate Kid with Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith. It really hurt to watch this film. I really really miss making films. Bloody hell.
ANYWAY. I suppose what I'm trying to say here is that we all have our views on the world. And most atheists are really fricking smart. And trying to push one's Christian views on an atheist really is quite possibly the worst way to go about it. Hmm. That said, I guess prayer is the best way to go hey. And yes, that includes prayer for my atheist-turned-Muslim friend who turned to Allah in order to get married to his Muslim girlfriend.
Time to watch something far more interesting now. Like How to Train Your Dragon.
God bless.
Sunday, 19 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment