Monday, 27 December 2010

overheard today...

On How I Met Your Mother - (not directly quoted)

Ted -- You know that thing you have with Tony, the thing I thought we had for two seconds, the same thing Marshall has with Lily, I really want that. I've been waiting and waiting and I'm tired of waiting.

Stella -- You know, I talked my way out of a speeding ticket once.

Ted -- Really?

Stella -- I was on my way to my parents' and I was going 90 on a country road, and this cop pulled me over and said, Little girl, I'll been waiting all day for you. So I replied, Oh really? I've been trying to get to you as fast as I can!

Ted -- You really said that?

Stella -- No, it's an old joke. Ted, I know you've been waiting for a long time... and you might still have to wait some more... but she's coming, and she's trying to get to you as fast as she can...

God bless the lonely. Especially at festivally times like now.

No comments: