Wednesday, 9 March 2011

TCW.

The best thing about the past ten years is that I got to become friends with TCW. The strange thing is that I really did not like him when I met him - he was this quiet broody moody dude who people liked to say looked similar to another friend of mine who, at the time, was a Zoolander, and I didn't think TCW compared. Not even close. These days, I wish I could slap the old me for being so dumb, but um. Yeah. No erasing of the past hey.

TCW likes to tell people the first thing I ever said to him, which was Diu nei ah (direct translation: Fuck you). Most people laugh at that. Some people ask what he said to me for me to have a response like that. The answer to that question is... nothing. He didn't say anything. Not to me, not to anyone I don't think. I just didn't like him. Didn't like the look of him. Haha. For some reason, that makes it funnier... Hahaha.

Never in a million kazillion years - back then - would I ever have thought TCW would end up being one of my closest friends. Funny how the world works :)

It's strange to think that I've known him for ten years now. Time really flies. But some of my bestest memories from those ten years are the ones that feature TCW (and a lot of Shu too... but I've only seen Shu about five times since 2007 *sigh*)... Like the days when we used to hang out at Starbucks like there was no tomorrow. Seriously. We were always at LKF Starbucks. The one at the corner. Not the one in the building now... And then there was the time when he dunked his phone in his lemon tea. And there was the Chinese new year that we hung out at Asuka's place and as we were leaving we heard a cock crow... and Shu & I looked around searching for some sort of store that sold live chickens... only for us to realise that it was actually TCW's phone. We had a FIT of laughing that morning. Seriously.

And then there was the time when we were in the Camry, and TCW and Shu talked about assaulting vegetables and assorted policemen... (same-sounding word in Cantonese) and we laughed and we laughed and we laughed. I think we laughed so much TCW could barely drive. Even now, I am still laughing while I am typing. I've always wanted to go on a road trip with them two. Would've been so much fun. Guess it'll never happen now...

But I digress. TCW. He is one of the very few people who I trust completely. One of very very few Christians who I trust. One of the very very very few people who I have prayed with.

I'm quite anal about how people I know are catagorised in my own head - I know many many many people (mainly because of the nature of my work, and also because I used to have green hair *frowns*) but I have very very few friends. I'm picky. And anal. And a bitch. My fault entirely. Right.

Sometimes when I'm upset, I scroll through my phonebook looking for someone to talk to. But because I am picky and anal and a bitch, it usually ends up being TCW. (One of my pet peeves is someone who responds "wrongly" to whatever problem I am facing or whatever it is that I am upset with - I know that they are being nice, but when they say I'm sure you're doing fine, they really actually have no clue, and when they say You can do whatever you want, they really don't get that I can't. There are very few people who I know who won't say that kinda bullcrap to me. Five max. All of them guys. Funny that.) TCW. And another friend, CK. But TCW gets the God thing while CK definitely does not. And he knows my boss. In fact, it's all TCW's fault - I met my boss because of him. Hmph.

Today, this guy inadvertently made me cry. I think I'm just tired - it's been 22 days and counting without a day off - and I miss filming and... yeah. Anyway. So the guy told me (we were in the studio, Boss and the guy and everyone were all there) that the next Bond film is going to be shot in Hong Kong. And immediately, I was like Why would you tell me something like that? It wasn't his fault. I don't tell - can't tell - people that I miss filming like Bambi misses her mother/Ben Affleck needs acting lessons... Anyway, so then I pulled my shirt up over my face and went outside to the corridor and called TCW.

And in the five minutes or so that we talked, he managed to fit in the main points - a. pray about it; b. there must be a reason why I am where I am doing the job that I am doing; and c. maybe I should quit, do the film, and go back, tail between my legs and tell boss that actually, I love my job working for him, please rehire me. Hahahaha.

And then I was all better.

It's Lent tomorrow. Well, today, technically. But I haven't slept yet, so I'll say tomorrow. I am so grateful to Tom for tweeting about it thus alerting me to the fact... A few days ago, I was reading the Bible on my phone and I pressed the button for plans, and then realised that there is a section for fasting. So... yes. I think I will do that as of tomorrow. Today. Tomorrow. I'm starving. I don't think I can start until tomorrow. I know God loves me regardless (sorry God, if I'm taking advantage of you there... *frowns*)

Right. I love you God. Thank you for letting me be friends with TCW. Please bless him lots and lots :)

No comments: