Mattias was only in Hong Kong for a few hours, but he wanted to shoot the city, so I took him to shoot the city. Stills aren't usually very difficult, so I took on the job despite having no down time to prep for it. It was still studio time for my Boss so I could kinda do some prep whilst he was mixing and recording. And I knew I had time for the shoot because Boss would be in Shanghai and wasn't bringing me.
So we were on a tight schedule as he wanted to shoot daylight hours only, and his flight was delayed (which was expected, and which to me, was a good thing because it meant I could give the excuse "We didn't have enough time because your flight was late" Heh) and when he came out, he was a smiley Scandinavian dude with a backpack and a suit cover thing for his suit. Nice.
And we set off, and we shot. It was awesome. We went to the look out point near Tsing Ma Bridge (but the lookout wasn't the direction he wanted, which I knew, but it was the best I could do under the circumstances), then to Central Market on Graham Street, then down Gloucester in Wanchai (traffic! skyscrapers!), then to Causeway (people!), then back to Wanchai to take the Star Ferry over to TST, then up on the Ocean Terminal carpark, then down to the container terminals...
And after it got too dark to shoot, Mattias put his Nikons away, looked at me, stuck his hand out, and said "Awesome fixer."
That made my day. Made my week. Made my month. Perhaps even my year. It had been so long since I'd shot anything unrelated to Boss. So long since I got to work with pros. So long since I could do the adrenaline rush thing with people seeing Hong Kong and the potential Hong Kong has for a shoot for the first time. It was fricking fantastic.
The best thing was, at the end of it, I didn't feel, Aww man I miss this so much I wish I could do it more. I felt at peace. LIke I'd gotten my dosage of balance in life. It was the antidote to all the Boss work. It was fricking awesome.
Thank you God, for making it work. For giving me the chance to balance my life out. Thank you God, for letting me meet (yet another) an awesomely talented (and super fun) dude. Thank you God. Couldn't have done it without You.
Yay.
Sunday, 20 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment