Friday, 8 July 2011

Protection.

I don't know how God does it, but He always does. Always protects me when I ask for it. Every. Single. Time. Most times - or at least, most times before Shu - I would ask for it, and then I would ignore it. As in, God would protect me by keeping me away from the danger, but then I would actively go and seek the danger out. It's very... pathetic, but then on the other hand, it's very me. I do that. A lot. Not these past few years though. I think I learnt my lesson after my Shanghai boy, and after Shu. Hmm.

Anyway, over the past couple of months, I've met a few really wonderful guys. Really weird guys, but really wonderful too. They are so interesting, so very interesting. And I want to get to know them, like properly, but I'm always worried that I blur the boundaries too much. That I will end up hurting them. That I will find myself in a situation that I could have prevented had I been less... stupid. I don't know. So all I know is that I'm lucky. So darned lucky. So darned blessed to have a Father who watches over me and loves me (despite the stupidity) and who will protect me, and protect those around me who I might potentially hurt because I'm an idiot.

This evening, I was, once again, encouraged to write. I don't know why people think I can write. My dad used to think I could write. But then, I think he realised I wasn't good enough. Or perhaps, I realised I wasn't good enough. But people think I can write. And many encourage me to write. But my writing is self-indulgent and crap and I have no good stories to tell. But tonight, I was encouraged to write... and it made me smile, because it reminded me of the days when I was younger, when I still believed I could.

Well. It's time to sleep. I am so thankful for protection. So thankful that I have a higher power I can lean on. I can't imagine my life without Him.

Thank you :)

No comments: