Monday, 8 March 2004

cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough...

It's getting better.

As I sit here in the Club Lounge of the InterContinental, I feel a bit lost. To my right is the harbour, and the back of my boss who is using the internet and charging up his PowerBook and getting ready to head out to set. To my left is the driveway up to the InterCon, my car parked just outside ready for us to leave whenever my boss decides it is time to leave. My car. Yeah right.

I have been using the possessive a lot - my. My car, my driver, my PowerBook, my boss, my bar, my... mine. None of those things are mine, except perhaps my boss. The car belongs to the company. The driver drives the car and is definitely not mine. The PowerBook belongs to my boss who is allowing me use of it for the duration of this movie. The bar belongs to the people who own it, I just work there - not even, I used to work there. My my my. I'm so possessive. Even the girls who work in the bar - my girls. As if they would be proud to say "yeah I'm one of Davina's girls". If one day I had people working for/under me, and they were proud enough of me to say that, I'd be mighty flattered... but not for a long time that won't happen.

I love that my boss just said that we have to go and then sits and continues to sit. And do what he's doing. I feel quite useless today. I don't know why. I've been feeling quite useless the past week. I'm on a low at this job. Grr.

It's hard to believe it's the second week of March already. How time has flown since I started this job. Three months into this year - I haven't even seemed to warm up to this year yet. 2004. The Oscars... already?! What?! Time! Where has three months gone?!

So in the midst of chaos and mess and feeling a tad lost, I miss my sister. My. Yes she is my sister. MINE.

Gotta run. God bless :)

No comments: