I'm gonna be really boring and name all my entries Shanghai... and parts thereof heh. Yeah I'm lazy.
Shanghai is amazing. I've been too pathetic to venture out much since I have no idea where to go and I'm not the type who likes to wander around a place where I look Chinese but don't speak the darned language. It causes much grief sometimes. However one look at me and people know I'm not from here because I have a green leaf in my hair (yeah I got my hair cut and there's this green section that looks kinda cool but no where in Shanghai can you find another person like me. Heh.)
Today I had the worst headache and I forgot to take Advil with me to this darned place. And I almost died. Okay maybe not, but I had this horrible searing pain on the left side from the front all the way around the head and down my left neck. YUCKness. In the end my boss decided I looked quite green and we detoured (we were on a location scout) to a pharmacy... which happened to be inside a humungous mall. We got me some Tylenol (WOW!), I downed it and looked less green I think, and so they decided to walk around the mall, and by the end of the walk (read: shop) they were quite exhausted and we headed back to the apartments.
It was still early so I asked the local assistant to take me out, and she took me to these amazing places. I bought DVDs for RMB10 in this shop within a house - I swear it was SO weird but totally fun - and she took me to this market where I bought a bag for Ho Yi who is stuck in an office without windows and very jealous and mad at me for being in Shanghai and living in a wonderful place and well... having a good time at work while she slaves away at her job. Hmm... the original price of the bag was RMB200 and the asst managed to get it down to RMB35. Now THAT's what I call bargaining!!! She actually got the price down to RMB30 but I felt so bad that I added on RMB5 to the price. I mean seriously... it's a really really nice bag!!
I'm interviewing people for a local asst for my boss here since my boss in HK wants me back there ASAP. It's funny how I've become almost indispensable. It's not true in the least, but it makes me feel a bit better despite my total incompetance here. Hmph.
Anyway, I'd better get back to work. Heh. I can't access anyone's blogs here so my apologies. I think there's a firewall against blogging. I was surprised I could get on to this site to write!! Mwahahaha... but no Janice and no Derek and no Gabby and no Travis and no Iris and no Tim and no anyone else... sorry guys. (No link Iris - dun wanna get shot.. heh)
I love you all and much as I love Shanghai, I'm looking forward to maybe getting back to HK sometime soon. I miss The Vine and I miss my friends and I miss my man.
God bless :) Have a great week... think of me in this dreary cold place that I already love!! Huggles!
Monday, 29 March 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment