When it so happens that you disappear from church life for an unreasonable length of time, you kinda lose contact with most everyone there. And so as a result on the one Saturday I don't have to work, I don't actually know whether or not there's church. However, I can safely say that I am guessing not, since most of the people that I know are either in Sri Lanka or the Philippines. Hm. Please can someone update the 180 website!!
I saw Avril Lavigne last night. It was an hour, maybe an hour and ten, of good music. I had a confrontation with a head usher in the process and though I felt bad for him, I really couldn't help it. I've been an usher before, I've worked concerts before, I know exactly how he felt. But dude man, if your company doesn't hire enough help for a big concert like Avril's, what can you do?! And it's so not fair when the ushers tell the Chinese audience off but let foreigners go up front and stand on chairs simply because their English isn't good enough. I don't suppose you can call it racism because it's a problem of language, but honestly *shakes head* It's hard being an usher, that much I know. It's not the ushers' faults that Avril is so frigging tiny that not many people could see her at all!!!
After Avril, I went to IFC2, and bought a ticket to see Million Dollar Baby. I went home to put down my Mac and the script and all that, and then suddenly started sneezing my nose off. In the end I just crashed in bed, and woke up sick. Not as sick as I would've been had I gone to see Million Dollar Baby. But sick enough. It's so typical. I always get sick when I get more than one day of rest. It's like my body knows I have time to be sick and recover before I start work again. GAH!
I'd planned it all so well as well, Million Dollar Baby last night, that Jap cartoon tonight. DARN IT. Now tonight I have to choose between the two. Hmph.
The funny thing about my job now is that I am learning a lot more about action sequences. Hanging with my boss and the key trainer, Yong, I see what they consider good action and what they consider bad. I see what they consider excellent shots and what they consider crap directing. Most cool of all, I get to see how actors are trained, hwo they are taught, how much hard work goes into a fight sequence and then how it is shot. Though I have begun to have doubts about movies and whether or not I should slave away the rest of my life in this wonderfully fun business, I am enjoying my current job and the amount of information I am taking in everyday.
It's been ages since I've watched children's cartoons. On TV right now, is a shark at a dentist's office...
I wonder what I shall do with myself these two days that I have off. I already feel like going back to sleep. I'd wanted to go to Shanghai... but...
God bless. The workaholic is TIRED.
Saturday, 26 March 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment