Friday, 17 June 2005

Last day of the week...

It's our day off tomorrow :) The official one anyway. I'll be working tomorrow, but I said today that I am not going to complain, and not complain I will. Working on my day off is better than waiting for the next movie to come along. Although I kinda enjoy bumming... hahaha.

It's kinda early in the day right now - it's only 6:30pm. It's still daylight and I'm enjoying my own space in my room. The door is wide open even though I'm the only girl on the floor. I don't care if men walk around in their boxers. They are all really good people - I remember moving up here, and these two guys were watching me move tonnes of stuff... and they just stood there, so I yelled "What are you doing just standing there! HELP!" And every single door on the floor opened and all these guys poked their heads out to see what they could help with. They are such cool people :)

It's James's birthday today, and I am here in China. It's Tim's second show today, and I am here in China. It is Derek & Janice's wedding tomorrow, and I am stuck here in China. I have two scripts to read for upcoming movies, and my boss just asked me if I had any plans for after this movie... and when I didn't answer, he took it to be a 'no' and asked if I would continue to work with him. I said I would if he wanted me to. As I answered, I wondered about my plans to move to Shanghai and work there. I have a job there. It just seems that I won't be able to get there yet. And I can't keep putting that job off. It's not fair to the woman who wants to hire me.

But I have learned from this biz that a lot of things are all talk and no action. Who knows if I will get hired again. Who knows what will happen. Keep my options open. Maybe I'll have enough time to move to Shanghai and start working for the woman and freelance back down to Hong Kong. Shanghai... I wanna move there so that my frigging Mandarin will improve! Because after that is done, I need to start learning Shanghainese. It's such a beautiful language. Dialect even.

I should shower and change. I am supposed to have dinner with my boss and the stunt team. Hmmm... Sitting here, I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just go to sleep. I am that tired!!

Anyhoo. Shower first. I've been in the sun all day.

God bless :)

No comments: