Thursday, 23 June 2005

Shock news - Eva was shot last night...

I could have just not realized who the article was talking about. I could have just read it and not known who the girl was, not realized. But no. Because before I read the news article, I was told it was my friend. My friend, who I have known for 15 years, who got shot in the neck.

Reading articles about the shooting was really weird because I envisioned this other person. I would never have linked that name to my crazy, fun-loving friend had I not been otherwise informed.

It was weird. All of a sudden, this movie seemed such a useless uninteresting job. Things kinda flashed before me, and I tried to find a balance between my real life and my surreal movie-making life. Lines became blurred... and I can't understand why.

I'm in a state of shock, perhaps, that one of these people who get injured I know. I'm in a state of shock also because all of a sudden my life seems irrelevant. It seems unimportant.

All I know at the moment, is she's been flown to Singapore for surgery. And that I can do nothing but pray and hope and wait for news. While it's comforting to know that she's in stable condition... it's still shocking. I guess it's time for me to grow up and face the world. And while we're all here worrying about her, maybe it was a God-moment for her. Maybe in that split second, she realized and understood things she otherwise would have found hard to. Maybe in those moments, she was aware of God's presence guiding her.

God bless. My prayers at the moment? For all those people who work in dangerous lands, to help and to heal and to spread God's word. For all the families who don't get to see their loved ones. For Eva, Eva's family, for John, and for healing.

No comments: