Sunday, 13 August 2006

Funerals.

Hai.

I left work early today to attend the funeral of a friend's dad. I've known this girl since I was 12 and her parents were good friends of mine. (Or at least her mum and my mother are good friends). So her dad went to Shenzhen one day and suddenly died - um... the last time I asked, no one knew the reason yet and I have had time to pursue the reason. And today wasn't exactly the right time to ask.

I don't see my friend very often, though I love her to bits. And I gave her a hug today after the service and it was a looooong hug. Man. I felt so bad.

You know, during the service, I was thinking Shiet, one day that's gonna be me... Not me as in me dying, but one day my dad gonna pass away too and then I'm gonna have to sit through some service and then get up and shake hands with all the people who come *sigh* I'm not looking forward to it.

And then I got to thinking about my own funeral, and I don't want the Chinesey type ones like today (it was a Christian service, but it was all in Chinese, and it reminded me so bad of the church I went to when I was young... perhaps because they hosted it... hm.) And I was thinking about whether or not The Vine would hold funeral services. Anyone know?

It was almost like a reunion today at the service. I saw people from my parents' church, people who I hadn't seen in over 10 years. It was so strange. Seriously... I knew most of the faces but couldn't place any names. And people would find me familiar-looking but those who did recognize me recognized me as "Mrs To's oldest daughter". I got called Diane though, twice. Hahahahahaha. (Well, I got called Ah Yu, which is her Chinese name).

Alright. 5am call time later (not even tomorrow!!) *shakes head*

Good night. God bless. God be with the Yeung family during this hard time.

1 comment:

Derek said...

hey dot. the vine will do whatever we can to honour someones passing away. you gotta just sit down with the senior pastors and figure out what's best.

blessings.