Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D New year, new beginning.
It's 6am and I'm up and about to go and play some mahjong... MWAHAHAHAHAAA! (I'm up means I'm still up, not I got up, don't get me wrong.)
I was going to go to Thirst, but ended up not... The voices in my head got too strong and I totally lost it. Didn't want to socialize. Didn't want to have to talk to anyone. Didn't want to. Who was it who said to me that it'll only get harder in the walk, that it takes a lot of effort and determination to always put God first. I suppose this is a strange example, but it's an example nonetheless. Hm.
So we ended up at ifc, which was great... enough people to have great atmosphere around us, but not so many people that you're totally squished. Twas good. Strange bunch of people I must admit, but well, I've found as years have gone by that I'm always with maybe one close friend and then the rest are just... someone else's friends!!!
The crowd at the other bar was horrendous. It was packed. There were maybe 1000+ people there. Chee sin. There were ten people behind the bar... including some servers. That's still one 'bartender' to every 100+ people. Chee sin *shakes head* In the end people got so incensed that they had to wait so long for a drink (the queue was probably about an hour long) when they had paid for "all you can drink" that they started throwing glasses at the bar. And so the bartenders packed up and left. Hm.
It's been a strange year for me I think. From "moving" to Shanghai to being booted back within two weeks to being jobless for four months to living at a friend's place since the being booted back (if not before) to God constantly featuring in my life to being excited about plans for next year (this year!) to all those plans being disrupted... and yet God is still there providing. Nice one.
What's changed? Erm. Bank account (STARK difference in bank account Jan 1st 2006 & Jan 1st 2007), weather (it's cool but not too cool...), priorities, my life!!!
What hasn't changed? The pollution, asthma, toothache... *eyes roll*
Alright. I'm off to play some good ol' MJ.
God bless! Lots of lurvvvvvvve for everyone in 2007! And peace too.
Monday, 1 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment