Talk about an eventful day. First day of shooting is always eventful, and this one definitely more than most.
The location was three hours away, so make-up and hair crew as well as one of the actors left the hotel at 3am. The rest of the cast and crew left the hotel an hour later. Madness. Travelling to location was uneventful, first shot was at 09:00, lunch at 11:30, first shot after lunch I have no idea when that was, and they wrapped at 14:20. It was a good first day.
In the midst of the goodness of the first shooting day, part of our crew travelled to our second location. A flat tyre occurs and all five crew members alighted from the van and stood by the roadside to wait for help. Cars zoom past on the expressway. And suddenly, this other car gets a burst tyre and hurtles top speed towards our van. The car hits the van barrier-side. Glass flies everywhere and hits one of our crew hard. We are told, much later in the day, that it was a damn good thing the car didn't hit the van road-side because the van would have been pushed into the barrier on impact, and the rest of the crew would have been crushed under it.
Anyway, the one kid who got hit by the glass, his left fibula and tibia are broken, right femur is has a 25cm long fracture. Surgery for 4+ hours. Hai. He's gonna be in hospital for a while. Hopefully, God willing, as long as his bones mend properly, he'll be able to walk without need for any sticks/ crutches. At least he's alive. And at least he didn't lose his legs. Poor kid *shakes head*
The poor driver - he'd only started work yesterday. Now he has no vehicle.
Exhales.
Upon wrap, everyone had let out a deep sigh of relief. It's always good to have the first day under one's belt.
And then the news that one of our trucks had hit a bicyclist in the desert, where we are shooting.
No one can seem to get more information until about 8pm. We are told the cyclist is dead and the truck has been locked up. We are also told we cannot get to our entire props store, which is in the truck. Which means we can't shoot tomorrow.
It takes a while to figure out it was actually a motorbike. And while the story is still unconfirmed, apparently the motorbike hit our truck. As opposed to the other way around *shakes head* Man. Chee sin.
And in the midst of all this darned mess, my Ah Jie's parents are back in hospital AGAIN. They've been in and out of the hospital since January. And my Ah Jie is stuck here in the middle of nowhere, and she has no siblings who can help take care of the parents. (Well, she has a brother but he's somewhere in Canada and hasn't shown up for quite a few years, and she has a god-brother but can't always rely on non-real-blood-ties... she basically feels bad...)
So I went to buy some water this evening after work (I got off work at 10:30pm today, which is earlier than the past few days yay) and bumped into my Ah Jie who was going out for a walk. So I went with.
Thinking back upon that walk, I wonder whether I should have prayed for her parents. You know, she's a modern old gal, but is pretty superstitious. Like she told me she needed to take a bath with pomelo skins because those skins would wash away the bad. And she changed her room after she realized that if the door faces west this year it's bad. Her door now faces south which is good. Mine still faces west. Hm.
I suppose I really don't have that kind of faith, to pray out loud for someone. I'd much rather pray for someone in the quiet of my own room... I think it comes from the fact that I hate to disappoint. So I don't want to pray for someone and then have their hopes up. I question myself over this because Jesus is our hope and our light and our path and I should actually be spreading this hope. And yet.
I wonder whether, during the course of the next few months, I will ever work up the courage to say Let's pray *sigh* I really suck.
Anyway, sleep time. Super tired.... ZysShu. Go Liverpool!!!! :D
God bless.
Thursday, 3 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment