Friday, 25 May 2007

Reminder.

I was reading Andy G's newest post and was reminded of a (or many, actually) conversation(s) where Ann would tell me to just talk to God because He's really interested in the relationship. I suppose I've always talked to God - in my own weird ways - and though these past two years I've started asking Him for direction (please God!), I've always talked to Him more than I've prayed to Him.

There are times when I wonder at whether it is enough, but then I'm sure He'll let me know if it's not.

I had a point to this blog... ah yes. CK asked me last night for career advice. I was super happy that he still valued my opinion enough to ask. The past three years he's been doing his own thang as a barrister and on the side, getting paid peanuts by a film company to check their contracts and stuff. The getting paid peanuts never really mattered because he had enough cases - couple days a week at court is enough - to sustain his lifestyle, which by no means is frivolous or extravagant. Well, not in my opinion anyway.

But it's changed over the past few months and he's not in court so much and therefore not earning so much. And it's worrying enough that he is considering changing his career path - that is, head back into the corporate world as in-house legal or working for the government or something. To do that, however, will mean having to give up his freedom. In the sense that he can't work from home, can't get out of wearing suit and tie every darned day, can't go to the beach when the sun is good knowing he can work at night...

I remember, oh so clearly, this awful time last year when I was feeling much the same as he is now. I was at a point where I really had no idea whether I'd ever get another job in this industry. I had no idea whether or not I could survive. I no longer had a flat, I had no money, and it was beginning to get stressful. At which point I gave up my stubborn rebelliousness and said to God, If you really don't think I should work in the film biz, then fine. Just please show me the way out. Of course, two days later I got a call to start work on a film.

Unfortunately for CK, he's stopped praying/talking to God. He stopped when he couldn't align God and his lifestyle anymore. And he chose to give God up. And I worry for him, but what can I do. Except talk to God about him... and all the other boys who I love to bits. Ah well.

In the end, I said I think he should hang in there, and that maybe it'll get better. But not to cling on for too long that he gets himself into debt again... Hang in there until maybe end of summer. And then see. I do hope something will come up for him. Hai.

Anyway. I guess the point is... talking to God helps. I just wish more people would do the same. I wonder whether my talking to God for CK will help him though *shakes head* I need to have more faith.

God bless.

No comments: