
Khalil was explaining his orange moon in an interview, saying how it's so romantic blah blah blah. Yeah. (This picture was taken by a friend of mine, pas moi.)
The moon in Hong Kong last week was romantic. Humungously close to us, beauteously amorous. Life is better when it is shared. My ho ying cute girl shared the moon with me when she found out I'd missed it. She sent me a gorgeous picture taken in Shek O. I was so touched. But what can I do.
These days I've not been doing too much. At all. Except sleep and play scrabble. I'm trying to fast and it's not going well and I'm broke and jobless and *eyes roll* I love my life. I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing which is what makes it fun. Hahaha. C'est la vie.
There was a lot of noise outside my door around 3:30 this morning. I suppose if you're asleep - as you are supposed to be at 3:30am - the noise wouldn't really make an imprint in your brain. But because I was up and not doing anything except playing scrabble, the noise was actually quite intense. It sounded like someone was dragging a washing machine up the stairs. Except... I know how heavy washing machines are and they are totally undraggable.
I totally wanted to open my door and see what was going on but the jarp-ness of my neighbourhood just really prevented me from doing that. And there isn't a peephole thingy on my front door so I really had no idea.
And then as I was washing my hair a little later - WOW IT'S SNOWING AT ANFIELD... - it occurred to me that whatever the person was dragging up the stairs, the dragging kinda stopped around my floor. It didn't sound like the ponderous bulky thing actually made it to the 5th floor.
So what if, tomorrow when I go out, there's a dead body or something outside my door. What am I going to do?! And what if I'm questioned by the police and I can't give them an alibi because I'm home alone and no one can vouch for my not-having-done-anything?
Why do I think I'm turning into a drama queen who's watched too much TV???
Anyhow. I suppose I shall continue to watch the derby match being played out on a snowy pitch in freezing cold Liverpool and read my very funny book that had me laughing out loud on the MTR this evening for goodness sakes.
God bless.

No comments:
Post a Comment