Thursday, 2 February 2012

Random God things.

Luke 9:24 - If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. (NLT)

I read this last night, before I went to bed: "Jesus' disciples are not to use their lives on earth for their own pleasure - they should spend their lives serving God and people." (YouVersion Bible App Daily Reading)

And I woke up having forgot about it, but remembering that I'd read something important before I went to bed. So I went back to it.

It's a harsh word, but on the other hand, I know God loves me so much that He won't mind that I serve Him in ways that I enjoy too. So it's not all pain... right... hahahaha.

Funnily enough, I think the whole eternal life thing is the most freaky thing ever. Who wants to live forever?! I suppose life in heaven, with God, is completely different, but I can't wrap my head around it. It was never ever the pull for me, for this Christian thing, and I still don't understand why eternal life is supposed to be a pull. Bury me in the ground and let me become fertilizer already.

Last night I met up with two wonderful girls. I've not been prayed for since... mission trip in Beijing I think. That's two years ago. Hahaha. Oops. Anyway. It was so lovely to sit and chat and catch up and share life and share dreams. I miss having people who are on the same plane as I am. I have too few friends who love Jesus and who will talk about it. My own fault, I know.

Anyway. I need to... go back to work. God bless :)

No comments: