Sunday, 12 February 2012

A very belated resolution...

I know I have a very obsessive personality. I know I get addicted to things easily. For example, I was obsessed with Khalil Fong when I first realised how amazingly talented he was and how good his music sounded (I have to add though, really not obsessed anymore now that I bloody work for him haha). And I am addicted, crazily so, to games like Bejeweled and Scramble with Friends. Recently, I've become quite obsessed with the Jeremy Lin phenomenon, which is not unique - his appeal, I think, is broad, but people in the Christian + Asian demographic are probably the most hooked.

So today, on the tour bus, I was following the play-by-play of the Lakers@Knicks game, and afterwards when the final whistle had been blown and Jeremy Lin had outscored Kobe Bryant, the boys and I were jumping with glee. So the lighting guy was like, Who's this Jeremy Lin dude. So I told him the tale. Leading high school to win division title, not getting any athletic scholarships, going to Harvard, being undrafted, playing for Golden State, but getting cut, picked up by Rockets but getting cut, picked up by Knicks but not getting much play time until the team were knackered from being on the road for back-to-back-to-back games and when all the other point guards had failed their missions to play that kind of role.... And the lighting guy suddenly said, How the hell do you know all of this? And the guitarist answered him, She's a total fan.

And then as we got off the bus, I could only think, I can't wait to get up to my room so I can watch highlights! And then as I was walking to my room, it hit. I am so obsessed. Why aren't I like this with God? Why am I not obsessed with Jesus? How is anything Jeremy Lin is doing any more amazing than what Jesus Christ did for me??

And so there it is. My 2012 resolution. To be obsessed with Jesus. To know Him like I do all the other people I am obsessed with. More, in fact. Deeper. More intimately.

I love you God :)

No comments: