Sunday, 29 July 2012

Disappointment.

I love my job. I really do. It often gets me annoyed and stuff, but don't all jobs. Haha.

This past week, I received two emails. One was a chart of my rest days and public holidays in 2012. As such, because of this chart, I was therefore "informed" that I no longer work 5-day weeks, but now I work 6-day weeks.

A day later, I was CC-ed on an email that told the addressee to take note of annual leave days. On that email, part of the employment ordinance was pasted onto it, which states that employees should get 7 days on the first two years of employment, 8 days in the third, and so on and so forth. As such, I was therefore "informed" that my annual leave days have been cut by half.

You know, I've worked here for 2 years. I would've thought that if you were going to change my terms of employment, you might have sat me down to tell me. You know? Or even over the phone? I have no contract, and as my employer, you have every right to change those terms. But it would have nice for you to have told me before I am informed this way.

The funny thing is, I don't work 5-day weeks. And over these two years, I've taken only half of the days off that I have been allotted. Which essentially means, these changes don't have any bearing on my life whatsoever. But I'm just sad that this is how it is going.

I often laughingly refer to the fact that I am a slave... I've never felt more like one than these past two days.

God bless my employers. And God bless me. Sigh.

No comments: