Have I ever told you how much I love Macs? I LOVE THEM. I love the 15" PowerBook. I'm sitting here with one on my lap right now. It's newer than the one I had been using the past seven months, and it's great. I love it. I sit here with it on my lap, knowing I have to return it in two days and I am not a happy bunny. There is a part of me that wants to not give it back. Or give it back at a later date. Give me more than two days with it!!!
I'm putting music onto the iTunes of this PowerBook. Lots of good music that I love. I wonder when the owner of this PowerBook will find out he has a lot of new music to listen to...
It's been a busy past couple of days. I've met up with more people than I ever expected to. I have told most people about my decision to go to Guangxi and the miracles that have happened. I have told most people about the possible trip to Henan. Trip my foot. The possible job in Henan. I've come up against more objection than I expected haha. Even people who are Christian and 'wish they could' go and share Christ... Funny how they try to get me to stay behind. It's more "glamorous". Like huh?! When did glamour ever figure into the equation?
Okay I lie. I have wanted to be famous. I have wanted to be glamorous. I have wanted to be well-known. I have wanted to... But it pales in comparison now. I suppose because I know for a fact that I'm not. And I don't want to be something that I'm not. I'm not good enough to be a model or an actress or whatever, I'm not good enough to be judged by what I look like and that is what most glamorous people are judged by. Thank God for that or else I might at this very moment be hankering after some silly I don't know what *sigh* Anyhow. I've grown past that stage. I met Milla Jovovich. So what? It doesn't figure anymore.
There's a part of me that still wants to work in movie production. It's so much fun. I love the irregularity. I worry that if I teach I won't be able to deal with the regularity. But I trust that God will help me overcome that. Or maybe He'll give me lots of irregularity within the regularity of teaching!! But anyway. I do love production. It's such a satisfying job. You work like crazy for a couple months and then sit back and rest up a month or two. I could actually rest up a month or two if I hadn't gone to Australia and New Zealand and used up all my money in the process. Heh. Or I could have bought a PowerBook. Okay, I won't go into that.
But I've decided this year, these two years, they are for God. For God to do whatever He wants with me. Take me wherever He wants. Make me stay wherever He wants. And I hope at the end of this one or two years, that He will let me return to Shanghai because I love Shanghai. Because Shanghai is so full of opportunity and is so much fun. Because the people in Shanghai are such great people. Because Shanghai is changing so fast and I want to be a part of it. Because... I want to make a difference in Shanghai in terms of the church there. Because.
I've decided stepping out in faith isn't so difficult. It's the dealing with the practicalities that are difficult. I know that God will find a way, but it's also up to me to carry it out. God gave me a path - Henan - and I have to deal with applying for the job. I have to deal with getting a hold of my darned degree to prove that I am a university graduate with a degree in English. I have to find a way to find the money to get my darned degree. Sounds dodgy no? I have to pay money to get my degree haha. Why did I bother studying in the first place?! *grin*
Okay. I've put in the following artists into this PowerBook - Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Il Mare OST, My Sassy Girl OST, Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan, Radiohead, Cafe del Mar vol 6. What else... what else... :)
Should go. Praise God for all the crazy things He's doing in people's lives. Praise God for letting us go to Guangxi. Something Jenny said today struck me strong though - she wanted us to pray for her bro, that he would have the ability to manage his time to fit his family in. Apparently he goes to church 'too much'. I think I do that. Am doing that. Have been doing that. Well, if not church then work, if not work then it would be something else. I suppose I should at some point in time head home. It's not gonna happen before Guangxi though. I have the team meeting tmr night and then the church potluck thing Friday night and then I'm leaving Saturday morning. I'm not looking forward to the punishment of not honouring the parents/family enough though. God's definitely gonna be not impressed. Uh oh *sigh* and yet I haven't the heart to... aiyah.
It's FOUR THIRTY ALREADY?! This PowerBook is taking up too much of my time! I love it! Hahahahaha... I wish it were mine. I wish I had the money to get a PowerBook! Ya know what, I wish I had the money to not have to be stressed about paying bills and what not *sigh* Unfortunately. That is not so.
Okay. Shower and then um... more PowerBook-ing hahahahaha.
Good night. God bless :) I love Macs!
Thursday, 12 August 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment