I'm broke. And I have no intention of looking for a job. Actually, that's not true. It's more like how on earth can I go out looking for jobs and asking to work when I'm leaving on Saturday on a ten day thing and then flying out to Singapore the weekend following? I'm broke beyond belief. I have no idea how on earth I will be paying rent and how on earth I can do anything but I believe God will provide. Just like He has provided for the Guangxi trip.
It's funny how I don't get worried about money matters. I guess I do once in a while when the landlord is on my back, calling every other hour, my plastic has been cut off again and I have no money to pay bills either. And then I get sick and need to see the doctor and I have to buy medicines and whatevers. But in general, I don't get worried. I know that God always provides because He has been providing the past couple of years that I have been so completely broke. Praise God for the moola that He has raised for our mission trip. It's nothing short of a miracle and I know that the team are totally encouraged by it. God works in funny ways. In a way I think the best thing about my dad is that he's like God in that they are both humorous dads. Seriously. They both are slightly crazed too :) Heh. You have to be slightly crazed to love over 6 billion people and care for each one of them even when they shun you to death no? I love you God!
Life is good to me. Actually no, God is good to me. And despite the many problems that I am facing at the moment (I broke my tooth, can you believe that?!! And dentist fees are probably THE most expensive thing.... It's SO typical of me, SO TYPICAL, I mean seriously, how many people would ever break a TOOTH?!) I can seriously say that life is good.
There's a part of me that really wants to work. Seriously. I've not worked for what... six weeks? It's time to get back to work. I think part of me is seriously workaholic, which is why I suppose it would be good for me to do full-time God work because then I can be a workaholic for God and not have to worry about not having any time for Him. Hee hee. I miss working crazy long hours and absolutely loving it. I really do miss it. I suppose I shall just have to see what God has in store for me after Guangxi.
I'm still trying to step out in faith with the Henan thing. There's still stuff that I need to get - like my degree, and I don't even know where to get it hahahaha - and then I need to fax everything up there and if God agrees, my application will be accepted and then off I go. I'm getting cold feet, but somehow I feel it's a challenge. It's a challenge to look beyond what people tell me and to trust God because He will never ever lead me down a path that leads to nowhere. Hm.
I signed up to do a million things on the 180 sign-up sheets. I felt bad signing up in a way because I just didn't know how long I'd be in Hong Kong for. But I couldn't not sign up. 180 is the best thing about Hong Kong (besides me friends and hee hee... yeung tzi gum lo!) and I want to see it grow and I am excited for it. Just how much I can do for it, only God will know, but hey :) I'm here if I'm needed.
It's funny but I'm excited for Shanghai too. Watching that stupid soccer match between China and Japan made me so mad, so angry at how pathetic the Chinese people can get. It's a horrible generalization and it's not nice to come to the conclusion that Beijing is not ready to host the 2008 Olympics. I just hope they grow up really quickly in the next four years *sigh* But I love Shanghai. I just wish I could see more young people alive for God there. I've been spoilt by The Vine :) We need more Christian fellowships like The Vine!
Friend of mine said in response to my going to China - "But it's DANGEROUS!" Yes dude. But what's life without a little edge? Why is it that underage people like to dress up and go to Lan Kwai and try to get into bars and clubs that are "21 only"?! Because it's FUN! And it's NOT ALLOWED! And it is, in its own little way, DANGEROUS! That's me. The teenager, the adolescent :) The one who won't grow up heh. My poor parents :)
I say to people I can't wait until I am thirty. I mean it. I'm so excited about the next couple of years of my life that I wish they had passed already. Hahahaha. I can't wait until I'm thirty and I can see what kind of stuff God has been leading me to. I suppose I might just turn out to be boring and stay in Hong Kong or whatever, but somehow, I don't see that at all. I wonder if God will let me stay in Shanghai when I'm 30. Hey wait... that's the year of the Olympics. Yay! I want to be in Shanghai!!! I'm so gonna be in Shanghai by then :) Heh. Davina says.
My prayer: God, use me.
My dream: For there to be young people alive for God in Shanghai. Big time alive. BIG TIME.
My life in the meantime: Hm... I have no plan as to how I'm gonna achieve that. But well. First thing is um... learn Chinese! And second thing, to go on as many missions to China as possible. Hee hee. I am eating my words. I have said, once upon a time, I don't want to go on missions. I am eating my words :)
God, use me. In whatever way You want. In whatever way You see fit. I'll shout it from the rooftops, I'll go to the ends of the earth. I'll not go :) I'll stay if You want. Whatever You want God. Use me. Whenever, wherever.
Okay. I think I'm kinda hyper. I can't imagine why. I better shower and sleep or something. Darn my tooth is really annoying. Maybe I should take my flattie's advice and get it fixed in China cos it's so cheap. But... I don't think I can stand another five days with a broken tooth. ARGH!
Good night! God bless.
And don't forget, never forget: God provides! Big time!
Tuesday, 10 August 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment