Friday, 13 August 2004

Bizarreness.

Bizarre event #1: Ghana is leading Italy 2:0 at half time in this match in the opening round of the Olympic soccer matches.

Bizarre event #2: I'm sitting here with the PowerBook which now has AirPort using wireless internet because my internet line got cut. Funny that I should have a PowerBook, even funnier how I decided to buy the AirPort today instead of doing it tomorrow as I had originally planned.

Bizarre event #3: Everytime I think that I need to do something drastic in order to return to Shanghai, something even more drastic happens before I get a chance to. For example this evening, I was touched, moved, and felt really really loved. And though I feel that a lot of times, it happens on a bigger, larger, wider scale when I am about to do something drastic. It's not the first time. Man. I'm so crap. I'm just completely won over by words. WORDS! The power of words. God help me.

Bizarre event #4: BIZARRO I tell you. It's a long story. And it's bizarre. I had a weird non-relationship with this guy earlier this year. It was weird because it could have been something quite big and explosive but it was absolutely nothing. There are a number of reasons why it was absolutely nothing - not least because we come from two completely different worlds and only God - to him it would be fate I think - put us together. There was also the fact that I was happily attached to my then boyfriend and he was happily attached to his daughter and not-so-happily-but-still-very-attached to his wife. I was having issues with the boyfriend, but they were issues that were, at that time, not a problem because they never had time to surface and it was only this weird snag at the back of my head. But hey. His wife. She hated me. Couldn't stand the fact that maybe her husband was falling for some weird chick who spoke better English than Chinese. Couldn't understand it either. Anyway. She called me tonight. Wanted to talk. It's not the first time she's called me. She's done it before when she got really drunk. And I know for a fact that she was really drunk tonight. But anyway, she called. And I talked to her for a good half an hour before I got sick of answering questions that were asked over and over again because she was so drunk. She was so adamant about meeting me, she wanted to meet me so much, that I am seriously thinking of going to the place where she works tomorrow so that she can see what I look like. She can slap me too if she wants. I'm sick and tired of this game. Nothing happened. Why can't anyone get that through their thick heads?

Anyway it was bizarre. My talking to her like an old friend. My talking to her like... she didn't hate my guts. My talking to her like she wasn't trying to figure out the rest of my schedule and my timetable in Hong Kong and my future and whether or not I still pose a threat to her married life. I was never a threat. For goodness sakes. He is so definitely not my cup of tea *sigh*

I think I managed to convince her that I won't be a part of his life anymore because I'm going to China and staying there. It's really not my fault that he still sends me smses that sound weird. Okay. They are weird. When he gets drunk he sends smses that say he loves me or something mad like that. And I know it's because she goes through his phone and finds them that she calls me. Shall I just not pay my phone bill tomorrow, let my phone line get cut and start all over again? That way... I don't even have to do anything drastic (cos it's drastic enough, no?!), and maybe I can go to Shanghai sooner than I had thought.

I'm going mad. I can't deal with the whole men thing anymore. I'm just glad I'm not a guy because I'm sure it's ten zillion times worse. Think Samson, David and Solomon. The strongest man in the world. The most Godly man in the world. The wisest man in the world. Of all time. And they all broke because of a woman. The women don't break so easily :) Heh. Or maybe they're just smarter. They don't get caught. Hahahahahahaha oops *hangs head* I didn't mean that.

Must sleep. Head pounding from long talk. Trying to decide whether or not to walk into her shop and meet her. If Renee were here we'd probably do it. Hahahaha. But it's so horrible to disrupt someone's work. I mean seriously, I might put her into a bad mood the whole day. But ya know what? It's Friday the Thirteenth. Heh. ARGH. I'm supposed to be GODLY and not superstitious!!! Mwahahahaha. I have seriously gone mad.

I go. God bless. Please pray for me. I think I'm going mad.

No comments: