Thursday, 27 July 2006

"Done deal"

I was reading Cliff's blog the other day and he was remembering when he went for a job interview and blahblah - go read his blog. Anyway. So he was saying how Andy G was saying the job was a done deal and that he needn't worry. And I have been thinking more or less the same thing re Beijing except I wasn't sure whether it was a done deal because I wasn't sure whether God wanted me to go.

So. Yesterday I talked to my friend in Beijing (the one who was thinking about hiring me), and apologized for the rather apathetic email I'd written in response to her wanting to hire me conversation. There was a distinct lack of passion in the email. And I told her that I'd be willing to commit to a job for a year or two (because I figured if God wants me in a place then I'd be okay staying there... right?!) and she said, Well that's cool then. That was all I was worried about.

So I guess that means I'm hired? Maybe? Hahahahaha... who cares. If God wants me to go, then no matter what I say, I'll be going. And I'm good to go. Good to stay, good to go... Don't really mind either.

Maybe finally I will find something I like to do and stay doing it. Unlike bartending where I liked it but then got sick of it, unlike being an assistant where I liked it but then didn't want to be an assistant for life. Aie.

Okay. This job (my boss, really) is killing me. Hmph. I keep having to tell myself, This is a training, this is a training...

God bless. I'm so glad God knows what's best for me, cos I honestly really don't.

No comments: