... even though the world cup has already ended for me. A week earlier than was scheduled. Perhaps because I start work again this week... hm.
What suckness.
Usually in the shower it's robotic movement - front, left arm, back, right arm, right leg, left leg. Sometimes I decide to do some thinking in the shower and I phase out (and into whatever I am thinking about) at the start of left arm and phase back into the showering process at left leg. And then I wonder whether I actually soaped my back and right arm. Even worse is if I phase back while I'm rinsing off, then I'm left to wonder whether I've soaped my back, right arm and legs.
I was thinking about my work today - since it's the only thing worth thinking about at the moment considering the fact that I'm trying my darndest to stop thinking about England and the fact that Beckham is out for six weeks and that he is no longer captain of England... (having said that I'm glad he stepped down, it was a mature and responsible thing to do - it's not like he's gonna be there in four years you know...) (I hope Gerrard is gonna be the next England captain) (I suppose Terry is okay too, but I think Stevie G is more charismatic and... well yeah. Never mind.)
I digress.
I was thinking about work today, and how I've been complaining and not liking what I'm doing because it involves a lot of being nice to people I don't want to be nice to. And it occurred to me that I honestly have to get my act together because I have seriously been slacking so much.
It's strange because I told my friend back when this dislike first began, that even if I don't like my work I should change my attitude because we often have to do things we don't particularly like. Naturally that never happened (the attitude changing I mean).
Hm. So here I am at the same place I was a few weeks ago, and I've decided that this has got to change. Because even if I go around slacking doing the little things, how can I convince anyone that I can do the big things without slacking? In other words, if I can't do the little things properly, how can I do the big things properly. It was at this point that I thought, My goodness, how cliche... and I phased back into showering and had no idea whether my left arm and back were soaped *sigh*
So I have decided to go in to work tomorrow with zeal and zest.
Ahem.
Ask me whether I really did that afterwards.
To bed. Good night.
God bless.
Monday, 3 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment