Monday, 6 March 2006

Insomnia & the Oscars.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep last night. Hahahahahaha.

And so begins another year to watch movies and slate the ones we think made an impact or made a difference... I think Memoirs of a Geisha was a good movie but was overrepresented at the awards, I think that Crash was a worthy winner of the Best Picture award although I would much have preferred it to go to Brokeback Mountain, I think Felicity Huffman should have received the Oscar for Best Actress although I do think Reese Witherspoon did a spiffing job too... I definitely think that the cinematography award should have gone to Brokeback... but hey. It's just one person's opinion.

Jon Stewart didn't do such a bad job either...

I think the real reason I couldn't sleep last night was a vanity issue. Hahaha. Vanity *shakes head* I'm getting my ID Card changed to the supercool Smart ID Card tomorrow - Tuesday - and I wanted to get a haircut before then because I didn't want long hair on my ID card. I got up late (too late for church even) and against all my gut feelings, I got a haircut. And now I'm in for bad hair month. I kid you not. I am once again broke, which is why I didn't go back to the woman who has cut my hair for the past nine years, but instead went somewhere cheaper. And my good gracious.

As you sit in that chair and watch an incompetent person with a pair of scissors go through your hair, it really is quite an awful feeling. I suppose I could have not paid or yelled at him but by the end of it, the only thing that was going through my head was - dood man, if I try and get him to fix it, he'll probably just make it worse. I've never thought of hairstylists as artists... my mistake, my bad. I do now.

Anyhoo. I was going to go Eva's (that would be the woman who cut my hair for nine years) today only a. I have no cash and b. it's her day off today. I think my ID card is gonna look HELLA funny.

Okay. I need to get up and out of bed and off to work. I wish they would fire me.

God bless.

No comments: