Friday, 19 May 2006

Back to sleep.

Ah I love it. The conflicted mind yesterday celebrating the end of the shoot and celebrating now being out of a job. The 1st A.D. said "Here's to unemployment!" and we all toasted him. Heh.

My anti-socialness decided to kick in again last night when after the shoot we all went to da been lo and I wanted to leave almost as soon as I got there. Honestly. Big groups of people do not go well with me.

Oh funny incident yesterday when the production manager yelled across the street, "Hey girl! Let me introduce you to the bestest looking production manager in Hong Kong!" so I waved at the guy who looked pretty darn ordinary to me, and then a set P.A. yelled back "And let us introduce you to the biggest boobed assistant director in Hong Kong!" Ahem.

For some reason the main actor last night - the only actor left, everyone else has flown out of Hong Kong - was nervous before his last shot of the movie, so I taught him a phrase knowing that it would make people laugh coming from him: jo mut lun yeah (what the *beep* are you doing). He mimics well and gets our awfully hard Cantonese tones pretty accurate for a gwailo, and he went and asked the hairstylist jo mut lun yeah! And the hairstylist died of laughing and the actor was all happy again. Boys, I tell you. So easy to tum.

Okay. I need to go to work. Aiyah. Heh. I wonder if I will get paid for working today. Hm. Hee hee. Unlikely since my contract stipulates I get paid per shooting day. Ah well.

God bless :D

1 comment:

annong said...

OMG that's super hilarious! 'biggest boobed assistant director' imagine that on your resume!!!! simply superb! hmmmm ever thought of becoming a teacher Dav? you managed to teach that actor some pretty gritty Cantonese! hehe