Friday, 26 May 2006

Work... or no work?

The problem with my job is the utter instability and the fact it's mostly all talk and very little action. Hence the fact that I am hearing about a film going to Shanghai in late June for six months is of very little consequence. Even though I am hearing that I will be brought along. Even though. It just all might not happen. Honestly.

But it's enough of a dangling carrot for me to not want to work right now when I have just finished the last film. I suppose the fact that it's in a different capacity altogether plus the pay is all that much less makes a difference to my already reluctant mindset. I am such a lazy cow.

Anyway. I watched X3 today, the midnight show - the cinema was pretty packed for a midnight show I have to say. I bumped into a lot of people, ranging from assistant directors to well-known local singers to well-known local actors to the entire youth group leadership from my church. Well, I think it's the entire youth group leadership, I don't quite know.

At 11:30pm, bumping into one of these leaders in the loo at a restaurant, when you've just tried to flush the toilet unsuccessfully for the past five minutes was a rather awkward experience I have to say. Odd much. I think the weirdest thing was I'd expected them to be at church for the prayerfest thing. Not that it went on until 11:30, but they'd all been to see X3 apparently. Anyway.

I'm so proud of Renee for getting a scholarship to uni. Yay.

Okay. I think I'm going to go to sleep now. May is a month of birthdays, so here goes... Happy belated birthday to... Elke, Sharon, Tim, Elain, Fat Keung, Rebecca, Kim, Jerry, Fanny, Diane, Ariel, Antonio... Happy birthday to Yiling today... And happy birthday in advance to Glory and Charlie and Mr. Tung Chee-hwa.

Much love to all. God bless.

No comments: