Two weeks have gone and there are two more weeks of this intensely mad shoot. I am not complaining, I actually am having quite a good time. I have to admit though, my legs are practically buckling by the time I get back anywhere near where I am staying and I can barely walk up the slopes that are so commonly found in the Central/Sheung Wan area!!
It's just gone 5am and I want to get up to go to morning service because Andy G is back... and also because I can only make the first half hour of the evening service. Aiyah.
It's very strange (well it seems strange to me) how I sometimes have a need to "come out" and tell people I'm a Christian. It was easier telling people I was going out with a girl...!! Perhaps because people find it easier to accept that I am gay (short hair girls are always stereotyped!!) than I am Christian (chain smoking does not help, I have to admit).
The 2nd assistant director - i.e. she's one up on me - is a Christian. She's off to Burma (oops, Myanmar) in July on a mission trip. And she was telling me about it and it brought back a flood of memories of Guangxi.
I think one of the reasons why I am rather adverse to going on a mission trip now is because one goes to a certain place for a certain period of time... and then after that no more. And there's no follow-up, and no anything. I feel like we invaded these people's lives and then left... and no more. I don't know. I know that God has a purpose in everything and I have faith that He used us in multiple ways. But I just feel bad when I get emails from these kids asking when we'll go back and stuff. Hai.
Having been in this film crew for two weeks I still feel like an outsider a lot... I guess it's also because I head home and sleep after work everyday, while the rest of the crew might hang out, have dinner, go karaoke... I don't know where they get their energy from *frowns* Perhaps - in the words of my ex - I'm just getting too old for this. Ha!
I think I'm only just beginning to get the hang of being a 2nd 2nd AD. I suppose it's good in a way because big American productions that head this way need a 2nd 2nd. But you know what... not many big productions head this way... or well, less and less pass through Hong Kong...
Anyway. I wonder if William will be true to his word and bring me to Taiwan for another film shoot in August. We'll see. All in God's time :D
I need to sleep. Don't wanna miss Andy G!!! Hahahahaha... The importance of a good speaker, I tell you.
Good night. God bless.
Sunday, 7 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment