Monday, 29 May 2006

Music space.

I wish Dear Jane would just get a frigging MySpace. Speaking of MySpace, check out Ziyo's MySpace page. I love their music.

It occurred to me today that I know a lot of people who are not doing what they want to be doing. I remember this girl who lived with me for two years, who studied law and who wasn't sure she wanted to continue to work in law after graduation. She did though. I think the money was a bigger pull than anything else. Then there's my good friend who took me in when I became homeless. He's doing better now and is actually enjoying getting cases and going to court and all that. But before he decided to become a barrister, he slaved away in an office and absolutely loathed it. He'd always wanted to work in animation and comics. I didn't understand why he didn't pursue it... perhaps he was worried he wouldn't make it. Plus the lack of money factor. I don't know.

And today a friend said to me I'm not sure I want to do this anymore and I looked back at him and I said So don't. Honestly. By all means, get the degree and the licence and whatever else but just because you have the qualifications, doesn't mean you have to do it. I don't know. I don't give very good advice. I'm jobless and broke hahaha. At least I'm not so much in debt anymore. Hm.

I have a number of friends who want to work in music and good for them, most of them have the chance and the opportunity to. Or at least they fight to get it. There are those though who will only speak of wanting to, who don't work towards it. It's not gonna come to you on a silver platter. Honestly. Read The Alchemist: If you really want something, the whole universe will conspire to help you.

I am so glad The Vine decided to show the segment on The Pearl Report with them in it. Heh. I was so looking forward to it last week and then went to church and missed it -.-"

God bless :D Love your life. And step out in faith. Who cares about the practicalities (haha..... God will take care of everything.)

No comments: