Tuesday, 30 May 2006

Over-judgmental?

I have issues. There are times when I don't know whether I'm being overly critical and I should just shut mah trap. Honestly.

So I was at church on Sunday, as I have been for the past two, three months, and uh, I heard an interesting sermon. I felt like I was back at school for the entire thing and was so tense and rigid that my back muscles actually hurt afterwards... though my back muscles have been hurting for a while so it might not have had any direct correlation though I have a feeling it does. Anyhoo.

There were times when I felt that I was listening to a woman who was out of touch with... with me. Even though she had more than one point to make that made much sense. I don't know. It seemed like she was preaching to a specific group of people and I felt excluded. Be an example to your neighbours by how you live your life, I think she said. And then she underlined her next sentence (or it was the sentence after next, and trust me, you could tell she had underlined that sentence): Be an example to your neighbours by how you treat your domestic helpers, that's right, by how you treat your domestic helpers. Perhaps it was so emphasized to me that I repeated it myself in my own head. I don't know how many people in that congregation that night who had domestic helpers. I saw a few of the domestic helpers wince, ever so slightly. I winced. Or maybe because I winced, I thought I saw others who near(ish) wince too.

I've lost my sense of judgment.

Anyway. I was gobsmacked by her delivery. And in a way it was a good thing because I was so darn tired, I might have fallen asleep, as I have before, unwittingly, accidentally, and I would have felt ever so bad as I do when it happens.

Okay. Does anyone have a good Chinese medicine doc to recommend? Hai. The corners of my mouth are disintegrating, my skin is still itchy in blotchy patches, and I keep sprouting horrendously big um chongs (pimples) on my still-itchy-and-flaking scalp. Good grief. Oh well. I'm better than I was before... :D

God bless.

No comments: