It's been almost a week since I was in Ningbo running around in the rain and drinking Starbucks and I haven't posted it yet because every night I'm too tired and too busy feeding my horse and tiger -.-"
Anyway. I got really sick last night. I suspect it was the yummy yummy peach that I ate. Perhaps I didn't wash it properly? Or perhaps I should have peeled it *sigh* even though I hate peeling peaches because it's the skin together with the juicy flesh that's yummy! *sigh* Anyway, lesson has been learnt. I'll just have to wash my peaches for longer next time hahahahahahahahaaa
So I was sitting on the toilet bowl several times, and then for some reason I decided to drink some green tea. I think I wanted to warm my stomach up because it was so cold. Well lo and behold, stomach began to cramp and finally I gave in and decided to go to the hospital. I should've taken pictures there, but in the pain, I completely forgot to.
Anyhoo. The hospital was pretty clean and empty for a Chinese hospital. Chinese hospitals scare me because there is no queue - everyone just pushes and jostles. Honestly, I'll remember my Shanghai ER experience for life!! Anyway, despite one of the other guys telling us the hospital is like a public toilet, I really don't think it was that bad at all :) The doctor was nice, I guess mainly because there were no patients. The one in the Shanghai hospital was probably overworked and stressed out by the fact that there were twenty people trying to get his attention!

Here are the meds I've been given. They took my blood, I think to check how low my blood sugar was due to most of it coming outta mah behind. The doc wanted me to do an IV drip and I actually wanted to cos I woulda gotten better quicker, but I didn't wanna sit there for four hours and I didn't want my escort to have to sit there for four hours either... So they gave me some powder (as you can see in the picture) to drink. I think it's about time I had my second one. I forgot to take the meds in the paper packet just now -.-" cos it was hidden under the drinking powder. It wasn't until I brought it all out to take a picture of that I saw it -.-" oops.

I don't think the bruised puncture wound from the blood test really shows up in this picture. Darn! But don't worry about me lah, I'll be fine. This was an interesting experience heh. And I've definitely learnt my lesson. The girl who gave me the peach though, she's been laughing at how she's had three and mo see. Hahahaha...
Hope you are all geared up for the weekend :D Big hugs.
Zys. God bless.

1 comment:
happened to me once, also ER doc. I reckon ER docs are so bad at taking blood they bruise everyone! Mine was huge and lasted a week. sheesh man! Get better soon babes. Love you.
Post a Comment