Thursday, 15 March 2007

Ningbo.

Dear ShuShu,

Have you visited Dear Jane's MySpace site yet? I hope so :D

So that rainy day when we went to Ningbo, I took a couple of pictures on my phone, and I also snatched up CC's camera and took pictures with hers haha... ShuShu. I do wish you were there with us, I had a pretty good time even though I had to get up at 8:30am on my one and only day off of the week!!!

OOH! Lightning! I love lightning! Serious rain is going on outside - I'm just glad I'm home and showered :D God is good.

Anyhoo. First of all we went to Chiang Kai-Shek's former residence... but they wanted to charge us 130RMB to visit! Chee sin. So we all did a u-turn and decided to go to Ningbo the city. But just as we turned around, I noticed several women in the river. I went to take a look and lo and behold: they were washing clothes. What a gorgeous backdrop to be washing clothes too!!







Then when we reached the first street of the city, we stopped. We needed FOOD! The food was all laid out and we had to choose what he wanted... I had raw crab!!! I haven't had raw crab since... not since my Shanghai days. I miss it so much! This was actually quite different to the Shanghai style, not least because it was uber salty - it honestly tasted like it'd just come outta the sea no kidding. But it was flipping goodo :D I had so much of it and I thought to myself then, even if I got sick from eating it, it'd be worth it. But I didn't get sick.... until I had the peach -.-"



Anyhoo. Then we made it to the city. By this time, it was pissing with rain, kinda like it is outside now minus the lightning. The driver was soo nice and he stopped right outside a place that sold umbrellas haha! But none of us wanted to lug a brolly around so we all just ran around like drowning chickens. The locals thought we were absolutely flipping mad. CC and I stuck together because neither of us really wanted to 'walk' so we decided to look for the Starbucks because I just KNEW there had to be a Starbucks in Ningbo... but instead, we saw a b+ab and then 5cm and then izzue and you know, the whole lot. Too bad they were still selling winter clothes...

And then we saw a Vero Mondo, which as far as I remember is not available in Hong Kong. So we went in and both of us saw jeans we liked... so I tried on one pair and that was me, I was done.
CC tried on a couple, and then finally chose a pair and then we went on... upstairs into me-adidas, she-Nike... and then into the Disney store hahahaha. I bought two mugs, one for me and one for my Ah Jie who couldn't come with us because she had to work. CC bought her a cushion (cos it was her birthday the week before).

And then just as we were leaving... STARBUCKS!!! MWAAHAHAHAHAHAAA....

Hm. As we were driving back to Hengdian, the clouds were gorgeous. So I just had to take a couple of pics, what can I say...



And here's one of the tunnel and another of the tree-lined roads:



And then as it was beginning to get dark, the fireworks show started. It was the official last day of the New Year celebrations (the 15th day) and thus officially, fireworks were no longer allowed after that night. So as soon as we hit residential places, boom boom boom red and green lit up the sky. I tried very hard to take pictures of the fireworks but my phone ain't great... and the fireworks were all the same type in two colours (green and red duh). So anyway, here a few from the 20 or so I tried to capture both on the road and from my hotel room.





Anyhoo. It's been pretty calm at the office the past few days so I'm beginning to worry it's the calm before the storm dot dot dot... The big bosses all come back tomorrow afternoon and then Chairman Pao gets here on the weekend. I'll explain who Chairman Pao is next time!

Huge thank you to Ann for teaching me how to post pictures this way :D I am forever indebted and not just for this!!!

ZYSSHU!

God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huggles. You make me wish I was somewhere else, just not in HK! :'( Love you chicky babette. x