Monday, 26 March 2007

wide open spaces

Dear ShuShu,

The first ever Grammy compilation CD I bought had that Dixie Chicks song, Wide Open Spaces. I think they won a few Grammies that year... for best new artist and whatever. Then the lead singer criticized President Bush and they disappeared off the face of the earth. They're back this year, and the second Grammy compilation CD I've ever bought has their new song Not Ready to Make Nice. Not half bad either.

I'm tired and sleepy and about ready to pass out. But I'm blogging because it's been a while since my rant last week and actually things have been better since Saturday.

The epiphany that I've made two rather fatal mistakes in the past month and yet have not been yelled at/fired/drowned in a bamboo cage as in the ancient days allowed me to realize the fact that I'm underpaid and undertitled because this is, in actual fact, the first time I've worked in this capacity and therefore everyone is rather lenient on me and they allow for mistakes - as long as the same mistake is not made twice, of course. Yes, it sucks that I have to do the work of an APOC but hey, doesn't that make for a good chance to learn more...

It really is all in the attitude. But sometimes, it's so damn hard to change one's attitude... so many things in life are like that. You know you have to change, but you really don't know where to begin. I guess that's where God comes in - I do think it is He who puts realizations and epiphanies into our thick little heads, to make us realize that we really have to stop thinking the world should revolve ourselves.

Let's see how long I'm gonna last before I start ranting again...

God bless :D

No comments: