Tuesday, 5 July 2005

Dreams

I dream of a bar that I open. A place that I can bartend when I feel like it, and have friends over to sit and chat and have a good time. A place that I can train bartenders and teach them English and let them do their thing.

I dream of a cafe that I open. A place where people will feel comfortable and cosy, where they will bring their work and their friends. A place that's unique and special, where I can talk to the people who pass through and maybe even have small fellowships there...

I dream of teaching English to kids who really want to learn. And in the process, be able to spread God's love too. Helping these kids in some way - and even if the English does them no good, at least bring some joy and happiness and something different into their lives.

I dream of bring a producer, working in Shanghai, speaking fluent Mandarin and even Shanghainese. Working my bum off when I need to but also bumming my arse off when I can. Having friends over in Shanghai when they visit. Walking down tree-lined streets, hanging out in cafes and bars, enjoying the good food.

I dream of finding a guy who will understand me. A guy who has the same priorities and beliefs as me, someone who loves God and makes God a priority. A guy who will love me the way I am, despite the way I am...

Okay. It's time to wake up. There's no such thing as perfect man. Hahahahaha...

Good night. God bless.

No comments: