The time has come for me to make the big decisions. Do I move to Shanghai and work in a long-term (relatively anyway) job for the next three to five years? Or do I stay in Hong Kong and continue working in movies? Hm.
Most people it's not that hard a decision. I have to say it's more difficult than it seems. Maybe I should honestly really just pray about it. And the reason I haven't done so already? Well. Perhaps I'm worried I won't get the answer that I want.
In Shanghai's corner, we have big dreams, nice office, lots of travel, wonderful place plus boyfriend. I get a certain percentage of the profits, in addition to a living allowance each month. Housing (living with my boss... ahem... one helluva tough chick from Hong Kong who is a lot of fun and um... very organized which is probably the single most worrying thing for me!!) and coffee and most meals included.
In Hong Kong's corner, we have movies - something that I like and want to continue to do - my friends, and really Hong Kong's just home. Though I am so allergic to Hong Kong (who gets sick everytime they go home huh? No one except me.) There is know-how and the ability to call on a million people to help should the need arise.
But then Hong Kong is so expensive to stay/live in when one has no work. And from past experience I get a movie per year which means I'm paid to wokr for half a year and then I have to live on nothing for the next half year. Which is very sucky.
My plan of action - to move to Shanghai and work in Shanghai until Hong Kong (aka another movie) beckons. I hate the way I am sometimes. I want to do too much and am so greedy. I can't settle on the one thing. And that is the reason why I will not really ever do anything well. Because I jump from one thing to the next and never settle down. Someone shoot me already thank you.
Prayer first. Maybe all things will be cool after prayer. I am so not living a good Godly life that I honestly wonder how much difference prayer will make. I shouldn't say that. It just goes to show how little faith I have in my Father and that most definitely is not a good thing. Huh.
God bless :)
Saturday, 30 July 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment