Friday, 23 June 2006

Hong Kong is smaller when...

... you're in Tim's car.



So Tim and I got bored between the Czech Republic game and the Japan game... Nippon clapclapclap Nippon clapclapclap (yeah, they lost). So we went for a drive to test out his new Kum Hos - err, that would be tyres.

From ifc in Central, through the Cross Harbour Tunnel, via Choi Hung (there's a new bridge! I was so shocked! I asked Tim, When was that built?!?!?!, Tim goes, Uh... that's the first time I've seen it...), past Fei Ngo Mountain (we thought about going up there but it was pouring so we decided against it...), into Sai Kung. Stopped for some dessert at Moon House. I had a hard time deciding between my usual Yeung Tzi Gum Lo and this niiiiiiiice looking dessert with black sticky rice and vanilla. I'm a big fan of both. So I had the sticky rice. It was gooooooooood.

We sat there for a while chatting (in the meantime after finishing the desserts within five minutes, we ordered an icy lychee drink which was very interesting - it had sago bits in it) for a while, watching all these cars (and more) drive by... Maserati, Jaguar, M3 convertible, numerous other Beamers, Benzes, Fei Jai cars (i.e. loud and... loud...)...

It was good to catch up. Not that it's been a long time since I last saw him wahahahahahahahahha...

And then we set off again, from Sai Kung to Ma On Shan (detouring into the newly built Sai Kung Plaza or whatever it's called, where there's a swimming pool and squash courts and tennis courts and a nice park)... and as we were driving along, I said to Tim, Did you know the roads in Sunny Bay are coordinated with the Disney theme? That means the lamp-posts are green so that you don't see them, and the lights are closer together. Tim shook his head. And then he said, You wanna go? Hahahahahaha.

From Ma On Shan into Tai Wai looking for Tai Po Road to get us back to Kowloon without having to tunnel it... drove around in Tai Wai for a while. Tim has a very good sense of direction. He kept trying to confirm roads with me, and I'm like, Don't look at me, I'm directionally challenged...

Onto Tai Po Road, ending up near City University, and back onto the big main road... and lo and behold traffic jam. There's now only maybe fifteen, twenty minutes until the Japan game and I'm like What the...

Tim, philosophical and cool-headed as always, calmly says, Car crash.
And then we hear the sirens... of a fire truck no less.

Finally when we make our way past the crash site, there are loads of press people there, the ambulance has gone, lots of policemen standing around, not directing traffic (stupid cops, I tell you). The Honda that's taking up two lanes has lost its head and its tail. The taxi involved is smashed stuck between the fencing on a pedestrian island. In the words of the locals: Total loss-y.

So we speed our way back to the tunnel and see more blue lights flashing: two taxis rammed into each other. Tim shakes his head.

We make it into the bar at Lan Kwai Fong only having missed ten minutes of the game - we rush in to find Croatia are up one nil, and Brazil and Japan are still level. And then Japan scores... and we are all so happy... but Brazil are too good, and Japan are demolished *shakes head*

Ah well. End of a very good night. I'm looking forward to South Korea tomorrow, and also the England game on Sunday... and the Portugal game after that. Yays! I love how God plans my time - that I should have this free time to watch the world cup hahahaha.

As for that job in Beijing, it went to my ex :D Heh.

God bless. Good night. Hugs to Ann - I miss the days when you had nothing to do and we talked (well, wrote) hahahahaha... Hugs to Renee - one more and then you're free!! Yay!

No comments: