Does anyone even remember what that building is called in Central? Chater House? Chater Building? Alexandra House? Gosh. The whole of Central is going to become known by brands soon. The Armani building. The LV building. The YSL building. Hai. Materialism and Hong Kong...
Anyway. So the Armani Cafe was outsourced to Maxims and I don't particularly think Maxims did a good job, so Armani have taken it back, renovated and refurbished it and now it is known as Armani Bar.
James - my very good friend and sifu - called on Tuesday and asked what I would be doing on Thursday night. I said nothing, but with some trepidation because I wasn't sure whether or not I could say no to him if he asked me to work at Red. Anyhoo. He told me that Jon had some gig going on Thursday and that I would be paid $2000 for about five hours work. Say what?! Yeah I'm free and I'll work. Of course I'll work.
On Wednesday, I was called in the evening and told that the people at Armani want to see who they've hired. When I got there, I found out that wasn't true at all. They were actually auditioning people. Hahahahahaha. Because, it turns out, they wanted gwaimui and gwaijai to be behind the bar - and the gwaijai/gwaimui had to be "pretty". Because Mr. Armani was there and the man like "pretty things". I knew $2000 for five hours was too good to be true hahahahahahhaa. It's not the rate Chinese people get... I shoulda known.
Anyhoo.
I remember wishing for blond hair and blue eyes when I was very young - perhaps because I didn't like being the odd one out at school in England. I remember telling people I'm not Chinese when I was slightly older and in Singapore. This incident I laughed off, but well.
Stupid Chinese people. Looking down upon their own. *shakes head*
God bless.
Monday, 3 April 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hai stupid people who don't appreciate HK and her resources... gwaijai/ gwaimui... sigh!
Post a Comment