Thursday, 6 April 2006

On being 27 and um... a little lost.

A while back I discovered just how small the world is yet again. I work at the cowhouse which is very much supported by one great gal called Samantha, whose blog I've been reading for a while now - I started reading it way before I met her. And then maybe two weeks after I found out that the blogger and that Samantha were the same person, my friend Geoff (who was asst editor on the last film I worked for) asked me if I wanted to help the film festival people translate stuff. I said yes, and he cc-ed me on a chain of emails between the editor and himself, and I found out that Geoff had been recommended to that editor by Samantha. When she next came to the cowhouse, I asked Samantha how she knew Geoff - Geoff? Geoffrey? We went to college together... How small is the world.

One interesting thing that Samantha and I discussed though, was the fact that one sometimes forgets to blog when interesting things in life are happening. Because one gets so busy and so caught up with living the interesting life that the blogging part kinda falls to the wayside. I think that applies to me too. It would explain the ridiculously large number of posts in recent days.

Anyhoo. I have discovered that I have this inane ability to want one thing and do the complete opposite. In a way I've known about this ability for a while now. I suck beyond belief sometimes. I don't quite know what it is about me, there is complete lack of determination to do something. It's only when it's something I really enjoy - like film - that I have that kind of determination. Now that's just being childish and immature. And I know that. You can't go through life like that, only doing things you like to do. I know that. Darn it.

Lack of self-discipline. I'm online talking to the girl-who-just-turned-eighteen who's trying to finish her coursework, and I am once again reminded of my pathetic lack of self-discipline. Where, where does one find will and determination and how does one improve one's self-discipline? HAI. HOW THE BEEP CAN I BE TWENTY-FLIPPING-SEVEN AND STILL SO PATHETIC???

Okay. I'll stop whining now and go back to watching Juventus vs. Arsenal. Good grief. I need to get a life. The funny thing was, I kept thinking today was Saturday (because of the public holiday) and that there'd be church tomorrow hahahahaha... hai.

Good night. God bless.

No comments: