Okay. Last one. Really. Hahahaha...
I've figured out what Hong Kong needs: an up-to-date comprehensive website about Hong Kong that's updated frequently and posts local news in English. I hate the fact that Google News HK is a Chinese only site, and that the only English news site that's free that I've found is the Yahoo! one based in Singapore. Ughness. Do people actually realize that there are non-Chinese reading people in Hong Kong, and who want to know more about what's going on in their city?! Like that TST shooting spree thing. I didn't know anything about it. Or the KCRC fiasco. Hmph.
Knowing me though, I'm probably the only person who can't find local HK news in English on the Internet. Does anyone have any ideas?
Oh! And! This up-to-date comprehensive website also has to have entertainment news (as in movies and stuff - where you can watch what, plus reviews!) and travel info and foooooooood info. Heh. I'm a sucker for good food. And since we're doing reviews, there can be CD reviews and book reviews and the next show at Warehouse can be posted up too.
Ahem. I've been walking past the former Yue Hwa (was it Yue Hwa? It could've been some other Chinese Emporium...) in Central - now a huge corner space with glass windows, and everytime I walk past it something stirs within. Seriously want to make it a hang space. As in a place where my friends can come in to hang, and other people can come in and have coffee or lunch or a cosmopolitan. Hm. A place with wireless, and comfy seats and lots of magazines. Pods for naps maybe heh. They seem to be all the rage in the States now, individual pods for 20-minute power naps. Good coffee and good selection of teas... Also a gallery where people can show off their paintings or photographs. Hm.
Okay. I've written enough for one day.
God bless.
Monday, 3 April 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
sounds like the vine centre to me....
Yue Hwa in Central is no longer? The one opposite Lane Crawford? sigh!
I like the sound of having a comprehensive site that you can pull out all sorts of nifty info about the comings and goings in HK... definitely need something like that in English!
Post a Comment