Wednesday, 19 April 2006

Blog drafts.

I don't like drafts. I like to finish things in one go. I have two blog drafts from the past week which I didn't finish and thus never published. The first was insanely wordy and a mess of uninformative ramblings, and the second was... well, stopped because I had to go have dinner or go shower or something. I can't remember.

Easter has come and gone. Service on Easter Sunday was quite weird because it was so empty. Evening service is more young people's service than anything else and most of the young people were on missions trips. It was empty, I was late, I wasn't inspired. I shouldn't say it, but I wasn't. It almost seemed anti-climatic after my declarations of If there's one time of year you should go to church, it's Easter.

I was reading through Kim's blog the other day... and he wrote about how he promised himself - and God - that he would go to church. Just go. It's funny because about the same time I did the same thing. And so even when I'm late, I still show up. I hate not getting up to go to church. It's ridiculous. 6pm for crying out loud!!!

Finally, after much hassle, I have quit the cowhouse and am officially jobless again. Yay. I really suck at working jobs I don't like. Utter lack of discipline I have to say. Shakes head. And not doing anything about it either.

Saw Khalil live on stage - finally! - last Thursday. Man, that boy rocked the house. Janice & Ivana were pretty good too. Well. I was impressed by how musically sensitive Janice is. I never thought she was so musically attuned. I loved how she was totally in her own space, dancing to herself and all haha. Good stuff. Ivana was as good as expected... that doesn't sound too flattering after the praise heaped on Janice but I know Ivana's good whereas I didn't with Janice. Let's just say Janice's album doesn't do her justice. Saw David Tao on Saturday. Thought his first concert back two/three years ago was better. Even though he sang a medley of 80s songs (yay!) and did a BeeGees medley in Barry Gibb's voice!! Saw Dear Jane live at the Avenue of Stars on Monday. Dear Jane had better release an album soon... Will see Justin at the Coliseum tonight. Might go see Dear Jane at YMCA on Friday. Will see Dear Jane, Khalil, Kay Tse and many more at the Tamar Site on Saturday... ah dang it. It's my bro's birthday. I should go home.

Two good friends of mine - funnily enough, they used to be a couple - bought their own flats recently. They should be moving in around the same time too. Hahaha. The girl bought a newly renovated flat, complete with open kitchen and bar top and all. She loves it. The guy has been handed the enormous task of having to renovate and more or less redesign his flat. I guess because my family have always rented, I've never been exposed to the hugely burdensome task of renovation. Argh. If you're lucky - as some people are - you just pay people to do it for you. If you're smart, you find yourself a boyfriend or a girlfriend who excels at it. We keep telling the guy to ask his ex. Yep, the same ex who bought her own home. She's an architect and interior designer. Pride, I tell you, comes before a fall. Having said that, I suppose maybe I do know why he hesitates. Hand tail long.... hahahahahahahaha...

Hai. I sometimes wonder whether I will ever have any assets to my name. I wallow in self-pity sometimes. I worry that my parents will not be able to enjoy their retirement years... and always think that I should start some investment plan or something. Just as a backup plan. And then I realize I need income before I can do that. Hai.

It takes reminding, sometimes, that my life is blessed with amazing people and that they are my assets :D Honestly. And I have God who never lets me starve, or go unclothed, or die... yet... Heh.

Okay. I'm going to um... try not to fall asleep before my lunch date. Date! Wahahaha. My lunch appointment? My lunch... time?!! Hm. Okay. Lunch date it is.

God bless.

No comments: